ECS Enrichment Program
The Enrichment Program at Endeavor offers something special and unique to our students in support of the “Learn by Doing” philosophy upon which the school was founded. These classes provide an opportunity for students to participate in educational experiences above and beyond what is offered during the school day, without adding to the pressure of homework, tests, and grades. Classes and programs vary widely from quarter to quarter, and are based on instructor availability and creativity. These programs will be led by enthusiastic members of our staff, our parent base, and of our community.
We currently offer the following programs:
Before-School Care: Registration for this program is on-going as long as space is available.
- Before-School Care will run Monday through Friday from 7:00 am – 8:10 am.
- It will be staffed by teachers or ECS parents, and will involve homework help and quiet activities, such as reading, Legos, board games and coloring.
- The cost is $150 per quarter.
- Payments will be collected near the end of the previous quarter and will close prior to track-out.
Chorus will meet before school from 7:30-8:30. Elementary Chorus is grades 2-4 and will meet on Thursday mornings. Middle School Chorus is grades 5-8 and will meet on Friday mornings.
Registration for Chorus will take place twice during the year. At the beginning of first quarter and the beginning of 3rd quarter. Chorus will last for 2 quarters (16 weeks) with a performance at the end of each semester.
The Chorus fees are $100 per semester (16 weeks).
Students will be asked to purchase a “uniform” polo shirt when they become a member of chorus. Shirt fees will be collected by the instructor and parent volunteers at the start of each semester.
A comprehensive Course Catalog will be published approximately 1 week before the end of the quarter that precedes the start of classes, and student registration will begin at that time.
- Classes run for 1 hour (3:45 - 4:45), once per week after school unless otherwise stated.
- Students will have a 30 minute recess from 3:15 until classes start at 3:45. They are welcome to bring a snack to eat at this time.
- Fridays will be reserved for make-up classes due to instructor absence or holiday breaks.
- Students who sign up for more than one class can deduct $10 off of the base fee for any and all classes beyond the first one. In other words, if each class cost $100 sign up for one class, pay $100; two classes will cost $190; three classes will total $280, and students enrolled in four classes will pay a base rate of $370 for the entire quarter (materials fees may be added by the instructors to these totals). This discount is based on each child's participation and will not apply to siblings who both enroll in one class each.
- Materials fees may be added to this registration fee at the instructor’s discretion.
- Costs vary per class.
Middle School Study Hall:
Students in grades 6-8 can choose to have a study hall with an ECS staff member from 3:45-4:45PM (Monday-Thursday).
- This will be a quiet time to read and work on homework. An ECS staff member will be available to answer questions and provide guidance;however, it is not a tutoring session.
- The cost per quarter is $100 Monday through Thursday or $25 per day. If you choose to register for 1, 2 or 3 days, you must attend the same day(s) each week.
- Registration will take place at the same time as enrichment and a minimum amount of 5 students will be required to run this program.
- AMP is a small-group academic tutoring, study-skills, and homework-help program.
- The maximum Student-to-Mentor ratio is 4:1, the minimum ratio is 2:1.
- Students and Mentors will be asked to specify subject areas at the outset, but this “commitment” is meant to be flexible, depending on what is needed by the student week to week.
- Groups will be offered Monday – Thursday, 3:45 – 4:45pm, from Weeks 2 – 9 of each quarter. Students may enroll at any time during the quarter and fees will be pro-rated based on the start date.
- Students will be expected to arrive each week with homework to be done, a project in progress, or in need of extra help in a specific subject area.
Student fees are $160 per quarter ($20/hour). Fees will be pro-rated for students who join mid-quarter.
Students will have the opportunity to work independently in a small-group academic setting, and to develop a relationship with another supportive adult from the Endeavor community.
All of these programs will institute minimum and maximum student enrollment numbers in order to adequately fund the program and to ensure that our instructors are not overwhelmed by too many students. In order to staff these programs, refunds (and partial refunds) will not be issued due to student absence. Registration forms can be found on the school website and submitted to the front office, along with payment (checks payable to “Endeavor Charter School”). Paperwork may also be sent via mail to the school address 4879 One World Way, Wake Forest 27587 c/o Enrichment Coordinator.
Siblings and students who attend other schools are welcome to participate as well! Please help to spread the word - Classes are OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!
The Enrichment Program will provide students with an opportunity to combine learning with fun. Sign up today!