Anything is Possible...
The Cultural Arts Committee is a group of dedicated parent volunteers who assist in bringing the arts to Endeavor. The committee works with the fine arts department to provide memorable experiences to our students. They also collaborate with the United Arts Council of Wake County, a non-profit organization that helps fund many of the artists who come to our school.
This year our schoolwide theme is "Anything is Possible". The Cultural Arts Committee began the year with a performance by students from the International Ballet Academy. The performance was adapted from the book, The Possible Police," by local author Wylde Scott. In addition to the dancers, the author himself was part of the performance and hosted a book signing for students and staff.
The other performances that we have scheduled for this year include:
- Dia De Los Muertos' Middle School Dance
- Opera Xpress performing "How Nanita Learned How to Make Flan"
- Charles Pettee performing his "Bluegrass Stomp"
- Trent Arterberry performing "Think Bigg"
- Endeavor's 2nd Annual Art Show - a showcase of every student at ECS's work!
- Hobey Ford's Golden Rod Puppets performing "Animalia" and doing a workshop with our fourth grade students.
Each year our Cultural Arts Committee brings artists and performances to our students. The highlight from 2014-2015 was internationally acclaimed sculptor, Bob Doster from Lancaster, SC. With the help of each student, he created the fantastic metal sculpture located outside of our school. This legacy project was dedicated to the founding families of Endeavor Charter School and will be cherished for years to come.