Endeavor Charter School is seeking applicants for the following position for the 2018-2019 school year:
Endeavor Charter School is seeking a Special Education teacher. NC licensed, highly qualified candidates should apply for the full time position which will start on March 25.
Special education teachers at Endeavor Charter School primarily follow a push-in model, which means that they work with the classroom teachers in the general education setting. This model allows students to receive their primary instruction from the classroom teacher, but also to receive additional support through the EC teacher while working within the classroom environment. A pull-out model is used when more intense remediation is required in a smaller group setting. The general education classroom teacher is responsible for implementing all IEP classroom and in-class testing accommodations and modifications as well as differentiating instruction for students when necessary. The special education teacher will have carpool duty three afternoons per week.
- Current NC licensure
- Special education experience/knowledge (middle school experience is preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written skills and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and groups
- Ability to stay current on legal requirements, plan ahead, document meticulously, meet timelines, and accurately maintain all paperwork for the students in their caseload
- Ability to assess students’ academic needs and work with classroom teachers to meet those needs
- Assume other duties as needed
For more information, please contact: Christi Whiteside, Director: firstname.lastname@example.orgAll North Carolina Charter Schools are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, or national origin.