Endeavor Charter School is seeking applicants for the following position for the 2019-2020 school year:
7th Grade Math Teacher: The 7th Grade Math Teacher will create an effective classroom environment that is conducive to learning and personal growth; plan and make instructional decisions based on student needs and learning outcomes; provide experiential and hands-on learning opportunities that are challenging and engaging for every student; motivate students to become life-long learners; establish an effective rapport with students by teaching mutual respect, along with social and personal responsibility; promote the communication and life skills needed to be successful leaders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- teaching one section of grade 7 Math and two sections of Compacted 7/8.
- leading daily Morning Meeting.
- developing effective lesson plans and instructional materials that utilize creative instructional strategies.
- providing personalized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior necessary in achieving an effective learning atmosphere.
- using both formative and summative assessment strategies to evaluate students’ academic growth.
- keeping appropriate/accurate records and preparing progress reports.
- communicating with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress.
- continually seeking opportunities to grow professionally through in-service education activities.
- performing other duties as assigned by the administrator.
Basic Qualifications Required:
- Valid teaching credentials or degree in subject area
- Experience teaching middle school or high school mathematics preferred
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of the math curriculum
- Knowledge of assessment strategies
- Strong knowledge of research/evidence based mathematics instructional practices and programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
Interested candidates for both positions should email a resume and cover letter to ECS Director, Christi Whiteside directly: email@example.com.
For more information, please contact: Christi Whiteside, Director: firstname.lastname@example.orgAll North Carolina Charter Schools are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, or national origin.