Endeavor Charter School is seeking one kindergarten teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
The kindergarten teacher, in collaboration with a grade level team, will create a nurturing and familial classroom community. Within that setting the teacher will provide hands-on, experiential learning opportunities which will support students while helping them reach their highest potential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- teaching all subject areas to students of varying ability levels within a self-contained setting utilizing hands-on, experiential methods
- collaborating with the grade level and subject area teams
- working productively with a full-time teaching assistant
- developing effective lesson plans and instructional materials.
- establishing classroom processes and procedures which teach independence, responsibility, and respect
- using both formative and summative assessment strategies (including the state adopted reading assessment tool) to evaluate students’ academic growth
- communicating with parents
- performing other duties as needed
Basic Qualifications Required:
- Currently NC certified
- Experience teaching lower elementary ELA and math preferred
- Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of early literacy and mathematics
- Knowledge of assessment strategies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to ECS Director, Christi Whiteside, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now Hiring Substitute Teachers! Substitute InformationAll North Carolina Charter Schools are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, or national origin.