**Remote Learning Electives: 2020, Quarter 1
Below is the Google Slide presentation for you and your student to view before picking a Fine Arts and Fitness Elective. You will have the option to pick 1 Fine Arts or Health and Fitness Elective for 1st Quarter. These classes will be more broad and general for Quarter 1, but we will reevaluate as the year progresses.
Make sure to pay extra special attention to the second to last slide, which provides you a Google Form to fill out to choose your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd elective choices. Please send in the Google Form by Thursday 7/30 by 10pm. You will receive information on which elective your child has been assigned before the first class on Monday 8/3.
5th and 6th Grade Electives: Presentation and Sign-Up Form
7th and 8th Grade Electives: Presentation and Sign-Up Form
Please send any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an idea of our typical elective offerings, please see the information below.
Electives for Grades 5-8
Students in grades 5-8 participate in A day-B day semester-long electives for the 2019-2020 school year. This means that each semester they will have one elective, which meets every Monday and Wednesday and another elective, which meets every Tuesday and Thursday. On Fridays, students do not have elective classes. Students in grades 5 and 6 take electives together. Grade 7 and 8 students are in class together. Students in grades 5 and 6 are required to take at least one class from each of the fine arts, while students in grades 7 and 8 are allowed to choose freely.
Students, with parent approval, rank their preferences and then are placed in a class according to their choices. Students in 8th grade and students in 6th grade are given priority when filling classes. Every effort is made to place students in the elective of their choice; however, this is not always possible.
Fall courses are the following: (Click on the links to go to the individual class pages)
- Careers in Art - Ms. Tatum
- Stop Motion Animation - Ms. Tatum
- Band - Ms. Tompkins
- Foundational Spanish - Mrs. Diaz
- Latin Dance - Mrs. Diaz
- Children's Theatre - Mrs. Colvin
- Improv- Mrs. Colvin
- Working with Microsoft Office - Mrs. Southard
- History of Sport - Mrs. Southard
- Photography - Mrs. Tudor
- Folk Art & Craft - Ms. Tatum
- Mindfulness through Art - Ms. Tatum
- Advanced Band - Ms. Tompkins
- Spanish - Mrs. Diaz
- Culture of Spanish Speaking Countries - Mrs. Diaz
- Frozen Jr. Musical (music) - Mrs. Tompkins
- Frozen Jr. Musical (drama) - Mrs. Colvin
- P.E.P.I. Kindergarten/Phys. Ed. - Mr. Burt
- P.E.P.I. 1st Grade/Phys. Ed. - Mr. Burt
- Microsoft Office - Mrs. Tudor
- Classroom Assistant
2019 Literary Magazine "Written in the Stars": produced by the Fall Literary Magazine 7/8 elective class.