How does the lottery process work?
Once the Application Period has opened, you will be able to follow the application link to our 3rd party contracted company, Lotterease. Once on the Lotterease website, you will be instructed to create a Parent Account and complete an application for each of your children. On Lottery Day, Lotterease will run our lottery and produce a randomly generated list of accepted and waitlisted students at each grade level. The lottery is open to the public but results of the lottery will not be publicized until the lottery verification process has been completed. This may take several hours to complete. Once the process haas been verified, parents may login to their accounts to discover if they have been offered a seat or where they are on their grade level waitlists. Parents of selected students will also receive an email from Lotterease with detailed information regarding tours and accepting/declining offered seats.
I am interested in Endeavor Charter School, can I take a tour?
Thank you so much for your interest, we are very appreciative of our community. Due to the high volume of interested families every year, we do not offer tours. We want to ensure the safety of the students in our school and provide instructional time with minimal disruptions. We do, however, offer an open house every year in January. And, in addition, the family of any student who is offered a seat through our lottery process will be offered a chance to take a small group tour prior to having to accept or decline the seat.
When can I apply to Endeavor?
Our application period is open in January of every year and closes in early February of each year. For specific dates, please stay informed by viewing our calendar of events. You may apply for Endeavor if your child is eligible to attend public school in North Carolina in July of the year you apply. For example:
- You can apply in January for kindergarten if your child will be 5 no later than August 31 of the same year you apply.
- Your child is currently in 5th grade and on schedule to move to 6th grade next school year. You can apply for 6th grade in January.
- Your child did not make the birthday cut off for public school in North Carolina, so you sent your child to private kindergarten this year and your child is on schedule for move to 1st grade next school year. Because your child is enrolled in kindergarten, you may apply for 1st grade in January.
- Your child is currently in 4th grade, but you and your teacher agree that your child needs to repeat 4th grade next school year. You can apply for 4th grade in January (however, if you apply for a 4th grade seat, that is the only seat we can offer you if you are given a seat. We cannot offer you a 5th grade seat if you change your mind.).
- Your child is 4 and turns 5 on October 30, 2022. This means your child will not be 5 by the North Carolina cut off date of August 31, 2022. Your child cannot apply in January of 2022 because he or she will not be eligible for kindergarten in July of 2022. You can apply in January of 2023 because your child will be eligible for kindergarten in July of 2023.
Does Endeavor accept private testing for early entry into kindergarten?
No, Endeavor does not accept any testing for early entry into kindergarten. You must turn 5 by August 31 of the year you start kindergarten to apply for and enroll in kindergarten at Endeavor, no exceptions.
Do you have an age requirement for grades 1-8?
Endeavor does not have an age requirement for grades 1-8. In order to apply to grades 1-8, we only require that your child is currently enrolled in the grade prior to the one you apply for and that your child is currently passing that grade.
When is the lottery?
The lottery takes place in March of each year. For a specific date, please see our calendar of events.
Do you have any seats in kindergarten and how many applicants do you get for these seats?
Although siblings receive priority for any available kindergarten seats, we have never had a year where siblings took all available kindergarten seats. Therefore, we anticipate always having some open kindergarten seats for the general public. The exact number varies year to year and we usually get 500 - 700 applicants for kindergarten. After we run the lottery and all Kindergarten seats have been filled, we will continue to establish a waitlist in case any Kindergarten seats are not accepted.
How will I know if my child is accepted for a seat or wait listed for a seat on lottery day?
If your child is applying for kindergarten, you can login to your parent account on the Lotterease website to see which students were accepted for open Kindergarten seats. If you were not offered an open seat, you will see where you are on the grade level waitlist. In addition, if your child was chosen for an open seat, you will receive an email within 24 hours of the lottery with further information.
If your child is applying for grades 1-8, you will be wait listed. We will not have open seats the day of the lottery. You can check your parent account on the Lotterease website by 4 PM on lottery day to view the wait listed numbers at each grade level.
If my wait listed child is offered an open seat in the spring or summer, how will I know?
When seats become available in the spring and summer, Lotterease will notify students on the waitlist via email. Instructions will be provided within the email in order for you to either accept or decline the offered seat.
How long will you use the wait list for each grade?
If you are applying as part of the general public, Endeavor will use the wait list for each grade until the 20th day of the school year. After the 20th day, we will discard the wait list and you will need to reapply the following year.
If you are applying as part of the Sibling Priority Lottery, Endeavor will use the wait list for each grade until the last day of the school year.